Human rights session
124th Statistical Mechanics Meeting, Rutgers University, New Jersey, USA
May 8, 2023
Sources and further reading
Lists of threatened scholars seeking placement
- Scholar Rescue Fund: http://scholarrescuefund.org/hosts/scholars-seeking-placement.
- Scholars at Risk: https://www.scholarsatrisk.org/actions/host-a-scholar/.
Local organizations that place endangered scholars
- Council for At-Risk Academics (United Kingdom).
- Philip Schwartz initiative of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (Germany).
- PAUSE (France).
General reports and tools
- Free to Think 2022 (Scholars at Risk, Academic Freedom Monitoring Project).
- V-Dem: a tool to analyse the Academic Freedom Index and other measures of democracy. See, in particular their Graphing Tool in which one can select the 'Academic Freedom Index' dataset.
- Have your institution join the Scholars at Risk network: https://www.scholarsatrisk.org/join/. You can check if your institution is a member by reading the Insitutional Membership Packet.
- Have your institution join the Scholar Rescue Fund: https://www.scholarrescuefund.org/partner-with-us/.
- Committee of Concerned Scientists.